Even Monthly Payment Plan
Budgeting for your electric bill is easy when you’re on SMECO’s Even Monthly Payment Plan (EMPP). Because with the EMPP you know in advance how much your monthly payment will be.
Just make your request online or in writing.
After your acceptance in the EMPP, your bill will be the same each month.
After 12 months, the amount of your even monthly payment will be adjusted to include any credit on your account or any difference between what you’ve paid and what you owe. You can request a review of your payment plan at any time; SMECO may also make adjustments to your payment plan amount during the year if we feel it is necessary.
To apply, fill out the Even Monthly Payment Plan Enrollment Form.
- The customer must be billed under SMECO’s residential rates.
- The electric bills at the customer’s location must total $300 or more for the most recent 12 consecutive months.
- In the absence of a 12-month history for the location, a customer may be accepted on the EMPP when a reasonable estimate can be made by SMECO.
Operation of the EMPP
- Billings under the EMPP will begin the month following SMECO’s acceptance of the customer’s request..
- Monthly payments will be based on the customer’s expected billings for a year.
- SMECO reviews the customer’s account after six months. At that point, the monthly payment may change if the customer’s average bill is higher or lower than the amount originally budgeted.
- You can request a review of your plan at any time.
- Periodic reviews and adjustments may also be done.
Termination of the EMPP
- A customer may request that the EMPP be terminated at any time. However, any credit balance will be applied to future bills.
- The EMPP will be terminated when the customer requests disconnection of electric service.
- The EMPP may be terminated if the customer fails to pay the full monthly EMPP amount by the “Amount Due After” date on the bill.
- Upon termination of the EMPP, any debit balance will become due when the customer receives the next regularly scheduled monthly billing.
Enrolling in the EMPP
Here's how to sign up for the EMPP. If you have lived in your current residence for more than 12 months, fill out our Enrollment Form for usage history of more than one year.
If you have lived there for less than 12 months, please fill out the Enrollment Form for usage history of less than one year that includes questions about your energy usage, so we can better calculate your monthly payment.